Tour Gold Coast Pty Ltd (Updated 30 May 2014)
- What personal information does Tour Gold Coast Pty Ltd collect?
- How and why does Tour Gold Coast Pty Ltd collect information?
- Use and disclosure of personal information
- Anonymity and pseudonymity
- Access and correction
- Storage and security
- Relevant contacts.
Tour Gold Coast Pty Ltd collects a wide range of personal information in the course of its operations, for purposes that are directly related to its core functions or activities. Tour Gold Coast Pty Ltd collects personal information about you for the following reasons:
- Because we need it to provide a product or service you have requested – such as making a booking, or providing an email newsletter.
- Because you have provided it to us – by making a booking for a tour or the purchase of merchandise, by asking us a questions or making a complaint, or by registering for an email newsletter
- Because we are trying to improve our services, or your experience of our services – by collecting information about you, your preferences, and your use of our services.
- Because of your relationship with us – if you work for Tour Gold Coast Pty Ltd, or are applying for a job, work experience placement, or an internship.
- For any other purpose related to the above.
Tour Gold Coast Pty Ltd collects personal information, which is given to us by you. You may do this because you wish to receive a particular service, or because you wish to give us feedback or make a complaint (see section 2 above). When Tour Gold Coast Pty Ltd collects personal information from you, we will generally inform you of the reason the information is being collected and how we will use it (unless the reason for collection is self-evident).
If you use Tour Gold Coast Pty Ltd’s digital services, Tour Gold Coast Pty Ltd and its internet service provider will automatically gather information about your visits. This information is aggregated, and is effectively anonymous to us. It helps us to improve our services by showing us what visitors do and don’t use. It also assists us in detecting any problems with our service. Information gathered includes:-
- the user’s server (IP) address;
- the user’s top-level domain name (e.g. .au, .com, .gov);
- the date and time of the visit;
- the pages accessed and documents downloaded;
- advertising click-through metrics;
- the previous site visited; and
- the type of browser used.
No attempt will be made to identify Tour Gold Coast Pty Ltd website users or their browsing activities except as required by a law enforcement agency exercising a warrant to inspect the service provider’s logs.
You should also be aware that any posts you make via social media on Tour Gold Coast Pty Ltd platforms may be publically available and able to be found via search engines. Tour Gold Coast Pty Ltd strongly recommends that all users become familiar with the privacy settings and terms of your social media accounts.
In some circumstances, Tour Gold Coast Pty Ltd may source information about you which is on the public record, or can be requested from third parties. For example, when you apply for a job or internship at Tour Gold Coast Pty Ltd, Tour Gold Coast Pty Ltd will seek information from you directly, but may also collect information about you from third parties (including your previous employers and recruitment consultants).
Tour Gold Coast Pty Ltd may use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide a service that you’ve requested;
- to measure your experience with Tour Gold Coast Pty Ltd’s services;
- to customise, enhance or improve Tour Gold Coast Pty Ltd’s services;
- to provide technical support, or respond to any enquiries;
- if permitted or required by law;
- it is necessary to prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to a person’s life or health; or
- if you consent to the disclosure (this may be express or implied).
Tour Gold Coast Pty Ltd may seek to re-publish content you provide to us.
If data about your use of Tour Gold Coast Pty Ltd’s digital services is de-identified, aggregated or otherwise made anonymous, Tour Gold Coast Pty Ltd may collect, use and share that information for any purpose with third parties provided that in doing so we do not reveal any personal information and the use is related to Tour Gold Coast Pty Ltd’s activities.
In providing and managing the services offered by Tour Gold Coast Pty Ltd, Tour Gold Coast Pty Ltd may need to make your information available to third party services and content providers, including providers of cloud services, website hosts, and other companies. These third parties may be located overseas in countries including the Japan, USA, Europe and Singapore.
Where possible, you may interact with Tour Gold Coast Pty Ltd anonymously should you choose to do so. For example, if you wish to provide feedback without requiring a response from Tour Gold Coast Pty Ltd, you will not be required to provide a full name or email address.
However, in some cases it will not be practicable to interact with you anonymously, or it may be impossible to provide the service you are requesting without some form of personal information. For example, if you wish to subscribe to a Tour Gold Coast Pty Ltd email newsletter, an email address must be provided.
Individuals are entitled to obtain access to records that contain personal information about them, except to the extent that Tour Gold Coast Pty Ltd is required or authorised to refuse access under any law of the Commonwealth that provides for access by persons to documents (e.g. the Freedom of Information Act 1982 (Cth)).
Individuals can obtain information regarding access to records that contain personal information about them by contacting the Senior Operations Manager (see Relevant Contacts below). Individuals may also seek the correction of any information held by Tour Gold Coast Pty Ltd.
Tour Gold Coast Pty Ltd will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information it holds is accurate, relevant to its purpose, up to date, complete and not misleading.
Depending on how we received your personal information, Tour Gold Coast Pty Ltd may store it in electronic and hard copy format.
In some instances, including where you are using third party social media platforms to engage with Tour Gold Coast Pty Ltd, these platforms are not under the control of Tour Gold Coast Pty Ltd. If security is of concern to you, we encourage you to carefully consider the terms and conditions and security used by any third party platform.
If you think that an act or practice of Tour Gold Coast Pty Ltd has interfered with your privacy you may make a complaint to Tour Gold Coast Pty Ltd. You will need to identify yourself and provide your complaint in written form addressed to the Tour Gold Coast Pty Ltd Senior Operations Manager (see Relevant contacts below).
The Tour Gold Coast Pty Ltd Senior Operations Manager will investigate your complaint and will endeavour to provide a written response within 30 days of receipt of the complaint setting out Tour Gold Coast Pty Ltd’s decision.
If you are dissatisfied with Tour Gold Coast Pty Ltd’s response to your complaint you can take your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (see below). The Australian Information Commissioner may then investigate and attempt to conciliate the matter.
Contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC)
Contact details are set out on the OAIC website: http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/making-a-privacy-complaint
Enquiries line: 1300 363 992
If calling from outside Australia call +61 2 9284 9749
Facsimile: +61 2 9284 9666
Post: GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001